Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not only in regions with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the amount of fruit-bearing of submerged crops or year-round use.
The advantages of these glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of the room.
- Dual glass averts sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and consequently saves energy.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service lifetime of glazing together with proper treatment is more than a couple of years.
- The decorative appearance of glazing permits you to not hide the greenhouse in the bathtub, and install it in the front masterseptika.ru yard. Some proprietors of first contour greenhouses make them the principal decoration of their lawn or garden.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, such as special coatings for heat and energy conserving protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
Procedure of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with specific vents for ventilation, which can be outfitted with devices with the function of automatic launching. This is extremely convenient, because not necessarily the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. For instance, the French have been using only such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the current moment. Rest assured: that a glass greenhouse will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t keep UV rays, which are critical for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, so letting you make the most of the power of sunlight.
- Should you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, then this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, intense heat and even powerful frost is not going to be a problem with the construction).
- For greenhouses made from glass is distinguished by excellent insulation. Additionally, there’s a chance to install heating devices inside them.
Obviously, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, which need to be taken into account when building it.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the transparent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar power. It’s consumed by black surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns into long-wave radiation and remains within the construction. This very transformation happens with the launch of warmth, which creates a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
So, glass windows absolutely let the sun’s beams inside the room and nearly completely retain the back radiation, not permitting it to venture out. In other words, unlike film, glass is the most heat-saving material, and this is among the primary attributes of a good greenhouse.