Floor coverings in modern design are represented by a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant choice of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only by their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is often used as the primary component for decorating floors.
One of the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coat does not wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The planks are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it’s not a favorable place for the formation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which in elevated temperature Can conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t poor to floors made of natural wood or stone.
However perfect this material is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The high price. The product, that can last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar 1poshtoram.ru to that of natural stone. The result is a lasting and beautiful finishing substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are readily available.